Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ribs, Corn on the Cob, Baked Beans

I recently had family over for dinner for a layed back summer meal. I choose to cook ribs, corn on the cob, and baked beans. The only thing I had to prepare was the dry rub for the ribs, soooo easy and delicious!

Baby Back Ribs: (one pack (3 racks) from Sam's feeds 6-8)
I told you I come from a family of cooks and my cousin is one of them. She has an amazing recipe for baby back ribs and everyone at my dinner agreed.
Check it out here

Corn on the Cob:
It is in season now so your can get a dozen ears for around $3, that is a cheap side dish. I removed the husk slathered on some butter and sprinkled with salt and pepper. Wrap in aluminum foil and cook in the oven (350 degrees) or grill for 35 minutes. (You can boil on the stove too and add the seasoning once its done) The trick to good corn is cooking it long enough for the sugars to develop.

Baked Beans:
Definitely from the can, I can't do it better than Bush's. I just think it takes a little more than heating in a pot on the stove. I like to dump mine in a baking dish and bake for about 1 hour on 350 degrees until it gets really thick and condenses a little.

It can be sooo easy and affordable to entertain. This whole meal fed 6 adults with left overs for $33.

No comments:

Post a Comment