Monday, March 21, 2011

Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake

This is a recipe from a fabulous book, The Charleston Cake Lady.

Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake:
Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan

1 box butter golden recipe cake mix
1/3 granulated sugar
1 8oz container sour cream
2/3 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 12oz bag mini chocolate chips

Mix cake mix, sugar, sour cream, and oil until well combined. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and mix for 3-4 more minutes on medium. Stir in chocolate chips and pour into bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Let cook completely before removing from pan.  

2 comments:

  1. Glad you've shared this recipe. My copy of T.P.'s book is in storage but this cake is my son's favorite. Every time I've ever made it, it falls! Wanted to ask the Lady herself why, but she has gone on to the Lord. Seeing from your photo above that yours came out tall and intact, I'm wondering if you might have any insight for me before I go at it again today. This is my son's 18th birthday and it's been not the greatest so far, so I'm thinking that if you see this and write back soon enough, I might delight him with the cake being exactly as it should---and what a sweet surprise that would be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only suggestion I have is make sure eggs are fresh (whites are tight to yolk) and at room temperature. Hope it works for you!

      Delete