Monday, August 9, 2010

Cottage Cheese Muffins and Salmon BLT

I went out to supper with friends last night, so I did not cook dinner. I had a pint of cottage cheese I needed to use so I was thinking about how I could use it for breakfast. I have an amazing recipe for sour cream muffins. Since cottage cheese has alot of the same consistency and versatility I used that recipe to make a new one. Definitely a weekend calorie splurge.

The Muffins:
2 cups self rising flour
1 stick melted butter (prefer unsalted)
1 pint (16oz) cottage cheese

preheat oven 350 degrees. Mix ingredients together till a wet sticky dough. Drop into muffin pan (little or big). bake until brown about 10 minutes. Taste best hot and I like to eat mine with jelly.

For those who would like to try the original sour cream muffins'
2 cups self rising flour
2 sticks melted butter
1/2 pint sour cream

The same as above.


I do not like to waste food so I always try to use my left overs mostly for lunch. I used they left over salmon to make salmon blts. What made this more than an ordinary salmon sandwich was the spread I made.

1 Tbs mayo per sandwich
1 tsp dry pesto mix

spread generously onto 2 pieces toasted bread
pile salmon is large chunks
top with 2 pieces crispy bacon (i like to use turkey bacon)
lettuce, then tomato.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment