Monday, August 9, 2010

Tuna Salad

Yesterday, My husband and I went out on the boat with some friends. I wanted to take something hassle free and filling with us so I thought tuna salad for sandwiches would be perfect. Tuna Salad can be so boring but I think a couple ingredients like pickle relish and boiled eggs give it a major flavor boost.

6 small cans tuna in water
1/2 cup mayo
1 tsp yellow mustard
1 tsp pickle relish
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 dashes onion powder
2 hard boiled eggs diced

Drain tuna and break up with fork. Add all the ingredients except eggs. and mix well. I like to use a fork to keep the mixture from being dense. Once combined check taste for salt and pepper. Fold in eggs. Chill before serving. If mixture dries out, mix in a little more mayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment