Friday, August 6, 2010

Tarragon Salmon

On my quarterly trips to Sams or Costco I always get a large filet of Salmon, ( they also sell Steelhead trout which is just like Salmon but usually cheaper. I just get the one less expensive and wild instead of farm raised). When I get home, I cut that one filet into 4 section, each section serving 2. The whole filet usually cost around $11-13. A great value!! I prepare Salmon several ways, my favorite had always been with dill and salt, but lately I have a new favorite which I had last night. Tarragon Salmon with a mixed greens salad

Preheat oven 400 degrees
Sprinkle Salmon (skin on) with salt, pepper, and tarragon (1 tsp for 2 servings)
place salmon on baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray skin side down
Cook for about 15-20 minutes until the color has lighten all over.
Remove and let rest 5 minutes covered with foil. 

For the salad I made a dressing to compliment the fish
1 tsp mayo
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp tarragon
pinch of salt and pepper
1/4 cup light olive oil or canola oil

mix first 4 ingredients in small bowl till combined, vigorously whisk in oil until well combined and all one mixture. pour over mixed greens salad mix. Toss and Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment